Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Power Point to The People

Monday at 1:30 pm I was excited and intrigued to see what my awesome classmates were going to come up with. I particularly enjoyed the topics of discussion, Jaws, Jeopardy, Romeo and Juliet, all were awesome. I liked how most people I think except me used custom graphics to display some of the flow of there ideas.
Most people have good presence on the stage, but some where stuck behind the podeum or on one side of the display. Some of the slides were also hard to read. Its hard sometimes when the display doesn't reflect the resolution on your laptop screen. I did like everyone's use of their video especially jeromy. He had one slide with four pictures and one of the pictures was a movie. It was unique and engaging. I also enjoyed chrissy's way oof producing a jeopardy board on the slide show. Awesome. Although some slides through out had too much text or not enough color overall I feel everyone seemed to hit the presentation on the nail.
After seeing everyone's presentation I noticed some attributes mine was lacking. I should have implemented some custom mapping. I also should have used some sound and maybe another video for the middle of my presentation. But overall I felt I did pretty well meeting the criteria. Its hard when trying to make on of these for a high school class I fell animations are important in keeping the kids engaged, but in a professional world no animations is the way to go.
I always enjoy using power point. I feel its a visual aid and a guideline for your lesson in hand. You can utilize it for every day use. Just simple anticipatory sets or games of jeopardy can be created using power point. Although some times lectures can be boring adding the power point aspect can add a little excitement. I will use this in my class room and feel utilizing all technology is only going to keep me a step ahead of my students.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the way the video was among the pictures as well. Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete