Sunday, July 25, 2010

Google Me

Well I googled myself every which way full name and alias. I turned up nothing. I think John Doherty is a really common name. Even on the pipl.com sight I could not find anything. I even have a Facebook page with my alias Johnny Colorado and still no turn ups. I guess I am just lucky I guess. I escaped the massive jaws of the Internet. I do however have my profile on private so only a select view can view it.
Teachers go into the profession knowing they will be held to a higher standard. But there is a certain point where your personal life is your personal life. Sure you don't want a closet devil worshiper to be teaching your kids US history. But if there is a teacher who is gay, I believe it is there right and personal privacy to be the person they want to be. I believe you really have to look at a moral character of a teacher more so than there personal life. For example. I know that I have a serious potty mouth. But I am fully conscious and aware of what I say in the classroom that I wont use that language in the classroom or on campus. While in my home though, I will. This is a really touchy subject especially with the first amendment in play. Ultimately, teacher are held to a higher standard and should be upstanding citizens. Who contribute to society in positive ways and display great examples of moral character.
In the coming years I will guard my privacy very well. I will keep no more aliases and only educational blogs or websites will be in my name. I hope to be a low key as possible, but with the growing involvement of technology and the use of the Internet n modern society. It is going to be pretty hard to stay hidden from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment